Elementary School Overview
- Year-long courses follow district calendar for start dates, end dates, and holidays
- Enrollment prior to school-year start is encouraged; late enrollments accepted on a case by case basis
- Each student is assigned to a district “neighborhood school,” whether they attend there or not
- Students may access their “neighborhood school” for select activities
- Students in grades 3-5 participate in Smarter Balanced testing each year
- Courses are mastery based, allowing for remediation and acceleration as needed
- Attendance is progress based and daily progress in all courses is expected
- Parent is the learning coach and dedicates significant hands-on time to supporting and delivering content
Elementary Curriculum by Grade
Florida Virtual School
Want to Know More?
Redmond School District
Redmond K-12 Online Coordinator
This is the BEST option we have found that allows our family the ability to travel while receiving a stellar education.